- tech companies (especially those speculating on their own shares with new debt)
- stocks (most) (reason: record margin debt, companies speculating on their own shares, rush of small investors channeled into the stock market by negative real interest rates on deposits)
- shale oil companies (producing at a loss, breakeven price at least 150$ / barrel, now losses going faster due to oil prices under 80$)
- junk bonds (repackaged at record pace into AAA-rated CDO's / CLO's !)
- bonds (most, especially government bonds)
- real estate in "hot" places (worldwide)
- student loans
- auto loans (especially subprime)
- home equity loans
mardi 4 novembre 2014
The foam bath - current bubbles
Here is my list of current bubbles. There are so many of them that it is looking now rather like a foam bath. The characteristic of most of them, behind the scenes: an explosive accumulation of debt - at a much faster pace than any real-economy growth.
Tweet of the day: "Big mistake!" 👌😰 Click to make it bigger Click to make it bigger
This summer vacation's project was completed almost on schedule: write a LZMA encoder, whilst enjoying vacation - that is, work early in...
According to a study cited by Marketwatch , the current Bitcoin bubble is the largest bubble in history, with a x64 factor in three years (...
Mathematisches Liebesgedicht Komm, laß uns tanzen in den Banachraum, wo Punktepaare wohlgeordnet sind, und Riemannsche Blätter rascheln i...