- tech companies (especially those speculating on their own shares with new debt)
- stocks (most) (reason: record margin debt, companies speculating on their own shares, rush of small investors channeled into the stock market by negative real interest rates on deposits)
- shale oil companies (producing at a loss, breakeven price at least 150$ / barrel, now losses going faster due to oil prices under 80$)
- junk bonds (repackaged at record pace into AAA-rated CDO's / CLO's !)
- bonds (most, especially government bonds)
- real estate in "hot" places (worldwide)
- student loans
- auto loans (especially subprime)
- home equity loans
mardi 4 novembre 2014
The foam bath - current bubbles
Here is my list of current bubbles. There are so many of them that it is looking now rather like a foam bath. The characteristic of most of them, behind the scenes: an explosive accumulation of debt - at a much faster pace than any real-economy growth.
AWS is known as a top (or, currently, the top ?) Cloud computing provider. The aim of this article is to set the buzzwords and overcomplexi...
This summer vacation's project was completed almost on schedule: write a LZMA encoder, whilst enjoying vacation - that is, work early in...
New maintenance releases have been uploaded for... Excel Writer GWindows Mathpaqs Zip-Ada Enjoy! __ [ Update for July 2018: here ...
According to a study cited by Marketwatch , the current Bitcoin bubble is the largest bubble in history, with a x64 factor in three years (...