- tech companies (especially those speculating on their own shares with new debt)
- stocks (most) (reason: record margin debt, companies speculating on their own shares, rush of small investors channeled into the stock market by negative real interest rates on deposits)
- shale oil companies (producing at a loss, breakeven price at least 150$ / barrel, now losses going faster due to oil prices under 80$)
- junk bonds (repackaged at record pace into AAA-rated CDO's / CLO's !)
- bonds (most, especially government bonds)
- real estate in "hot" places (worldwide)
- student loans
- auto loans (especially subprime)
- home equity loans
mardi 4 novembre 2014
The foam bath - current bubbles
Here is my list of current bubbles. There are so many of them that it is looking now rather like a foam bath. The characteristic of most of them, behind the scenes: an explosive accumulation of debt - at a much faster pace than any real-economy growth.
The Fed has now admitted the obvious: the "temporary" measures of the last decade are actually permanent: zero (or less) real inte...
This summer vacation's project was completed almost on schedule: write a LZMA encoder, whilst enjoying vacation - that is, work early in...
Mathematisches Liebesgedicht Komm, laß uns tanzen in den Banachraum, wo Punktepaare wohlgeordnet sind, und Riemannsche Blätter rasch...
First of all, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the newcomer, the fusillone : The new pasta makes its first appearance in level 34 o...